Even though the last time I played (and won) the Game of Thrones boardgame I was playing as the Lannisters, I’ll always be a fan of the Starks (they have DIREWOLVES!) so I of course pleaded my allegiance to House Stark and the King in the North as part of the HBO campaign for Season 2.
The unthinkable happened. On March 2, 2012 I, the great and powerful Peter, finally lost the trophy to Steven the Occasionally Present. Despite my calling foul there was nothing to be done. It’s a sad day indeed for all of mankind. On the plus side, Steve has only played one game since then and lost and I’m currently back in the lead with 4 (out of 34) points. Of course, this also means I have some updating to do:
- Peter: a 5-time winner of the trophy, though finally usurped; The Despised One
- Gary: he fights to reclaim long-lost power; Champion of the Free Peoples of Atlantis
- Alan: he fights to win an oft-denied trophy; Proponent of “Peaceful Coexistence”
- Steve: a first-time winner of the trophy; The Occasionally Present Risk Master
- Jim: his unpredictable nature has caught many off-guard; The Hated One
Now that that is out of the way, here’s Table Top (Episode 1: Small World) from Wil Wheaton and on the Geek & Sundry YouTube channel. I may have to consider picking up the game after watching this. Looks fun and possibly cutthroat!